Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Forgotten Treasures

Today's letter of the day was N. Rachel got a little frustrated while writing her lowercase N's and asked, "Mom, when will I be able to write neat like you?" I told her it took a lot of practice, and while she wrote a few more, I pulled out a special box from underneath my bed. It has all sorts of random papers from my school days, from preschool to high school, and I was able to find some of my Kindergarten papers showing that my writing wasn't always so neat. She loved looking through the box with me. What really was a surprise was the ziploc bag my mom had saved with hair from my first haircut at age 5. People find it hard to believe that I was once a blond, but here's the proof - it was a perfect match to Rachel's hair!

*Our favorite find: My Rhyming Color Monsters book...I wonder if I can find something like it online..."Brown, Brown, your jeans fell down!"

No comments:

Post a Comment